Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I guess I should tell a little about my family. I have two children, a daughter and a son. My daughter [Vicki], her husband [Rick]and son [Bryce] live in Edgewater, Maryland. Rick was diagnosed this summer with kidney cancer. He has undergone surgery to remove the affected kidney and adrenal gland. Some other tumors were left because of their position. He had radiation treatment to shrink the size of the remaining tumors. And has just finished two rounds of InterLeukin-2. The IL-2 activates and stimulates the growth of immune cells, most importantly T-Cells, but also Natural Killer Cells (NK Cells), both of which are capable of destroying cancer cells directly. Bryce plays little league baseball, and basketball. He is also on a swim team. His baseball team came this close to winning the league championship this year, but lost the final game.The family seems to be coping well with Rick's illness.

My son [Jon], his wife [Barbara] and children [Rebecca, Alexander, and Emelia] live on Long Island, NY. They are in the process of renovating a beach cottage. They have added on, and redone a lot of the house. They are currently finishing off the attic to be a bedroom with bath.

Bill and I live in Centreville, VA. Bill is active in the National Associaton of Retired (and current) Federal Employees [NARFE]. He will be president of his chapter come January. I am in three embroidery guilds - Washington DC Chapter, EGA; Oatlands Chapter, EGA, and Loudoun Sampler Guild. Nof offices for me this year. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary this year. I'd like to keep it low key.

'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment