Saturday, January 22, 2011

Birth Sampler

The Hinzeit America that I chose for the birth sampler is done. All I need is the name and birthdate. I won't know those until July. Well, the photo is standing on its head, and I guess it will have to stay there. My PC is being persnickety about the whole picture thing tonight.

Today was the January meeting of the Oatlands EGA Chapter. I was honored to have been asked to install their officers.

We started a Mystery Sampler. Donna, Kathy and Amanda were our leaders. I put in the first two rows, only to rip them out. After stitching those two rows, I could tell that my center was far enough off (five unstitched threads on one side of the design and seven on the other) to bother me. So, at the lunch break, I ripped it out and started over. I didn't quite finish those two rows. The next row will be a Marking Stitch row. April and July are when we are scheduled to work on it in a formal setting again. That should give even me time enough to complete the sections we were given today.

Bill is heading to Richmond tomorrow. Tuesday stitch group will be in Alexandria next week. Once again snow is predicted. I am hoping it doesn't snow, because I don't do snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment