Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10

Today I started the hardanger ornament. I got the first round of kloster stitches (and part of the second) done.


I don't think I'll have to look too far for that needle though.


This is what the Christmas Blessing looks like in its frame. If I had set it on the fabric properly, I could have had a bit more fabric between the design and the frame, but it isn't too bad.




The weather people are calling for snow tomorrow. Ugh. I really don't like to drive in snow. I guess that stems from a nasty auto accident I had some years ago. My office let us out a little early and I was 3/4 of the way home when I appeared to hit an ice slick and rolled the car. The policeman who was traveling right behind me told my husband that I did everything right... except I hit an ice slick. I was thrown from the car. When I woke up in the hospital, I was positive the elevator in my office building had crashed. I had no memory of driving home. The hospital folks kept me overnight because they thought they saw a problem with one of the vertebrae.... my doctor came in and told them they just can't read a wet x-ray. That ought to tell you how long ago it was, and I'm STILL not comfortable in snow and ice.

So, thanks Anne, for the offer of a ride for Tuesday Stitch Group. You'll NEVER know how much I appreciate it.

Merry Snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment