Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stump Work

At the Oatlands EGA meeting today, Betsy taught a stump work project. I have succeeded in avoiding this type of embroidery for years, but decided to give this a try. Now I wonder why I have been avoiding it. What we did is pretty much crewel with padding and a few twists. I haven't finished the project yet, but have made a nice start.

I have been working on my 15 projects. The past several days have been devoted to the Red Bird Sampler by Pam Darney. I have made some nice progress there, and have decided it will be an anniversary present for my son and his wife next year. But, it might wait until 2013 ... their 15th anniversary. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

My nephew's wife is still awaiting the birth of their baby. She is getting fidgety, and has said that if it doesn't come by the 25th, she is going to be induced. I remember those last few days ... by then you are terribly tired of being pregnant, and can't wait for the baby to be born. Stella is taking her time.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope she has had the baby by now, I can't wait to see the Red Sampler, Jean,
    http://samplersandsuch.over-blog.com/#

    ReplyDelete