Friday, April 8, 2011

50th Anniversary

I had thought that I would personalize the Pam Darney Red Bird sampler for my son's anniversary. But, in the end, I did it for our 50th Anniversary. The anniversary isn't until in June, but this way, it is done and I don't have to rush around finishing.

I took it to the framer's. I had a terrible time picking out a frame. I finally ended up with a relatively plain frame with a gold fillet. Hopefully, it will look ok.

I also took my grand=niece's piece. I really like the frame we decided on for that ... a turquoisey frame with a bit of gold next to the picture. The color of the frame is almost the same color as a color in the sampler.

Pictures for both after they return. I still don't have a shot I like of Rhapsody in Red. I keep getting too much glare. I'll try again.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Joan, and Congratulations on your 50th coming up, that's so lovely. Were coming up on our 37th in July, but 50th, says a lot of yours and my generations. Check my blog later this week I will have more posted. Our you a follower of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull!!!
    Best regards
    Françoise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Congrasts!!
    Where did you buy the chart?? I wil love to see more of Pamela Designs and buy some. I when to her site but looks like the links are not working properly.

    Thamks in advance of your help and for sharing your beautiful stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mayte, I purchased them directly from Ms Darney at a meeting of the Loudoun Sampler Guild.

    ReplyDelete