Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The House is Empty today

After having my son, his wife and their three children around for almost a week, the house feels empty today. It is even emptier because my husband is off at a meeting.

The kids appeared to have a good time. They did everything from visiting the Air and Space Museum to hunting Easter Eggs at their Aunt Vicki's house.

We were 17 for Easter dinner. I am sure glad I didn't have to cook it all. I brought a honey-baked ham, and a spinach salad. My son did a macaroni and cheese dish that was so rich it could afford a chauffeur. My daughter-in-law made bacon-wrapped breadsticks. They are fantastically good, and simple to make. Just wrap a thin breadstick in a slice of room temp bacon. Then coat it with a combination of brown sugar and chili powder. Bake.

My daughter and her family were just back from a trip to Arizona. She did rolls and deviled eggs. She also had some dips and crackers/pita bread. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend brought potato salad and green beans with ham. My niece and her fiance brought cupcakes for dessert.

Everything was SO good!

One of the highlights of the LI family's visit was that all three of the grandkids decided to embroider. The little boy had the most trouble with the actual stitching because his eyes are 20/50 - corrected. He had a hard time finding the little holes in the Aida cloth. His little sister lost interest after a very short time, but kept picking it up. However, the star of the needles was the oldest granddaughter. She kept at it between everything else. When she left here, she had a sizeable bit of work done.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of any of them with needle in hand. I was busy helping out, and didn't grab the camera. Husband never thinks to take pictures.

I spent today putting things back the way they were before. And finding lots of Easter grass everywhere. I still don't have all the grass contained.

I'm going to go back to stitching tonight. I'm tired of cleaning.

Oatlands meeting tomorrow. I think we are continuing on with the Mystery Band Sampler. I'm actually caught up to where I should be. Miracle of miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment