Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy Passed Us By ... Thanks Sandy

Well, it is Tuesday morning, about 10 am. Sandy apparently has come and gone. We never lost power. Not even a flicker. But, we had a lot of rain ... too much for our leaky basement. Bill has had to vacuum up the water several times. The waterproofers don't get here until tomorrow. <sigh>

I was supposed to host my stitch group today. I cancelled because the weather gurus were predicting hurricane force winds and extremely heavy rains for today. Right now ... no rain, no wind. Go figure.

I had planned a spinach salad with curried pecans, pears, red onions and a cider vinaigrette dressing. We will have some tonight, along with the pumpkin soup I had planned. I didn't make the dessert, though. When our son and his family come by around Thanksgiving, I will do the Butterscotch Tiramisu Cheesecake.


I got three of the six ornaments back from the finisher. I think she did a good job ... The one with the baseball mitt is for my grandson Bryce .. she put an ultrasuede back on it that looks like a baseball glove leather. The Girl Scout ornament for Eme has a white back and the little mitten for Meri has a blue ultrasuede that picks up the blue in the cuff.

I was planning to work on some additional ornaments while not stitching on the afghan, but something got in the way. Instead, I started my three part mystery by Brenda Gervais. I have a little of the border done and most of the alphabet. I'd post a picture, but I can't seem to get enough light on it today, and when I use a flash, the light bounces in a very peculiar manner. Maybe when the cloud cover moves on I can try again.

If it is rainy and windy in your direction, take care.


1 comment:

  1. Great jobs on your ornaments! I'm sure your grandchildren will love them

    ReplyDelete