Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The birthday party was a huge success. We had a potluck luncheon. And as always, the food was spectacular! We had everything from soup to nuts [well, not soup but almost everything else] and a fantastic strawberry cake. The birthday girl even brought a dish to share - the pimiento cheese.

Next week we will be meeting at my house. Normally, all we provide is a beverage (hot tea is always nice) and a dessert. Some hostesses provide a salad, or perhaps scones, or something extra. However, I have been craving soup and my husband doesn't like soup. So, I am taking advantage of having a nice little group and making soup, knowing most of it will be eaten at lunch. The stitchers get a nice soup, I get to have soup, and hubby doesn't have to eat it. The best of all worlds.

 I continue to plod along with the afghan. Frankly, I am getting tired of it. I need to take a break and do something else for a day or two. Since I am at the halfway mark, I think I will give myself a week off

I have several ornament charts picked out to do, so one of them is going to be stitched this week.

 the 'M' isn't really lopsided ...
just the photographer ----->


No comments:

Post a Comment