Thursday, November 29, 2012

I didn't post on Tuesday because I had my stitch group here and by the time everyone had gone home, I was tired. I made soup and salad along with a gingerbread cake with limoncello hard sauce. I managed to injure a toe ... swollen, purple, and hard to get shoes on ... the day before Thanksgiving. It is still a bit swollen, and shoes aren't a big treat. So, as you can imagine, I was awfully glad to take my shoes off that night.

Thanksgiving was a special treat this year. As usual, my sister-in-law hosted. But, the difference this year was that both my son and my daughter (along with their families) managed to make it this year. Jon and his family usually head to Ocracoke for the week, returning home after Thanksgiving. This year, Barbara had to be at work on Friday evening, so they stopped in on the way home. It was a nice treat.

Speaking of my son's family, the afghan for Meri is complete. Finally. Here are the final letters, and a view of the end of the project.
 I think that xylophone is the greatest! Very, very colorful.
I finished just in time to get it packed and shipped.



No comments:

Post a Comment