Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for this year. Our son-in-law continues his fight against cancer. He is currently between treatments due to a lung infection. Our son and his wife presented us with a new grandchild in June [our fifth]. Our children and their children are well and healthy.
We are also in pretty good shape. My carpal problems have gone away [knock on wood] and my arthritis is taking a break. Bill's back continues to be a minor annoyance ... it is minor because he is learning to NOT do things that set it off and to wear his support belt.

The afghan for Meri is almost done. Just a few more squares remain ... well, and putting her name on it somewhere.






















S is for Shamrock. T is for Turtle. U is for Umbrella - I changed the colors on the umbrella ... it called for red, orange, purple. i didn't like the orange in the middle, so I made it light blue. V is for Violin.

W, X, Y and Z remain.

The stitch group is taking today off so everyone can prepare for Thanksgiving Dinner. I don't have to cook the turkey this year. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are taking care of that. I am to bring a salad and an appetizer. There are lots and lots of allergies in the family, so the salad is tricky. I think I will bring a broccoli salad ... no nuts, no fruits ... just broccoli, onion, celery, sunflower seed kernels and a dressing. I'm thinking about a shrimp mousse for the appetizer. A little work for a lot of goodness.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment