Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yesterday was Election Day. I am sorry to say that my party of choice lost big time, except for one saving grace. We did manage to re-elect our congressman, Frank Wolf.

Yesterday was also my stitch group's party for an 80th Birthday. A few of us couldn't make it, but we had a very nice turnout. That meant that we had more food than was needed, as usual. We all bring a dish for the potluck and most of us bring a larger dish than necessary - no I am not complaining, just commenting. I brought an Waldorf Salad that used almonds instead of the usual walnut because one of our members can't eat walnuts. As usual, it was all delicious.

I continue to plod through the afghan. The end is in sight.
A cute little necklace

An adorable octopus

Petunia Pig

Quilt .... guess they couldn'r draw a quail


The rabbit required a color decision. It is only one space from the pink pig and the chart asked me to stitch a pink rabbit. Not only was it too close to the pink pig, but, even more importantly, I don't do bright pink rabbits. So, I had to change the bunny's color. I started with white ... couldn't see it against the afghan color. Then I was going to make it black - like the rabbit I had as a kid - way way way too dark. I ended up with the brown and now I don't know why I thought I had to mess around with the white and the black at all.

Our son and his family will be coming down near Thanksgiving. They are supposed to celebrate Thanksgiving with his wife's family on Ocracoke Island. But, she works at Kohl's and Kohl's has a policy that all employees will work the day after Thanksgiving. So they will show up here late Friday night before Thanksgiving, spend the night and Saturday. Then they head for Ocracoke where they will have an early Thanksgiving and be back here to pick up their dogs before heading home on Thanksgiving day. A lot of driving for them, but they enjoy the time at Ocracoke, so it is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment