Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

I hope that everyone is having a good Easter day.

We are dog-sitting. Our daughter and her family took off for Spring Break. They headed to Hilton Head Island and a week of beach fun. While they were gone, Rick celebrated his 50th birthday. We are expecting them to pick up the pups later today.

I am feeling very frustrated with my stitching right now. Not that I am in a slump or anything like that. I just managed to complete two bands on the Loudoun Sampler Guild band sampler. I put it down ... I guess I forgot that I had dogs here ... because I put it where the inquisitive beasts could find it. When I went to stitch again, I couldn't find it. Then I spotted it on the floor, picked it up, and cried. I had a very nice little (and little is a very relative word) snag in the fabric ... right in the middle, about halfway up the piece of fabric. I thought about pulling out threads and reweaving, but the damage was more extensive than I was willing to rework - both vertical and horizontal threads. So, I took the 'easy' way out. I simply got a new piece of cloth and restarted. I did make some changes in my colors on the first band. All in all, worse things could have happened. I had been mildly unhappy with at least one color choice, so I was given a chance to fix those, and I am now about halfway through it. Picture next time I post ... I'd do it now, but I need to buy a new memory card because the one I have now is full.

Meanwhile, I have finished one more of the Christmas ornaments. The Lego symbol. The picture of it was the last picture the card would hold. With no further ado, the Lego block.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Joan,

    The Lego is really cute, also those puppies knew that you really wanted to change the colors:) I have a cat and she takes a lot of watching to keep her out of my stitching.
    Mary Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about what happened to your sampler, but glad you can look at it as a blessing in disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleta, I managed to delete your comment when trying to reply to it. I'm sorry.
      My Lego was not from a chart. I simply traced a Lego symbol from a box, enlarged it a bit, and then copied it onto my fabric. When I was stitching, I left more space between the letters than the LEGO people did. Hope that helps.

      Delete