Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Best Laid Plans ....

I had hoped to make a post on Tuesday, but ... I got home from stitching and found that our dryer had decided to take a vacation ... in the middle of drying a load of laundry. I got side-tracked.

We were a very small group at stitching on Tuesday ... only 4 of us including the hostess. But, that didn't deter us. We had a marvelous time. Our hostess lives in Greensprings (a retirement community) and her apartment backs up on a wooded area. She finds that to be a blessing - she is a birdwatcher. The birds decided to give us a show ... a pileated woodpecker, a downy woodpecker, a junco, a wren and several others stopped by. She served a Cherry Vanilla Chip cake. With only 4, there was enough that we got doggie bags to go. :-)

I shared my newest finish --- it just happened to be a bird ... Abcedarian Sampler. A Loose Feather design.

I changed the colors on the bird - mostly because I didn't have the grays they called for and, well, I like blue birds.

The snows have slowed everything down. My framer was closed several days during our 'big' snow and I still don't have A Story From the Past back. I am hoping that it will be here soon.


2 comments: