Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Car is Back

Well, the car survived the trip to the repair shop. But the bank account didn't. A lot of money later, it works like new. Which is a silly statement because we didn't know it had a problem when it went in for an oil change.

I have been working on the Lizzie Kate Jingles. I am doing it as a long banner.




I actually have one more segment done, but the picture left a lot to be desired ... like clarity. It was so blurred I must have sneezed when it finally took.

I am using a very nice pure white fabric that the snow disappeared into. I decided that wasn't going to work because Lizzie*Kate used a lot of snow in this one. So, I tea dyed it. Twice. It still is very light, but at least now you can see the various bits of snow - flakes, snow men, etc.

I have been trying to stitching during the Olympics. Not so much happening in my stitching, but a lot going on on the TV. I don't really like Bob Costas, but he is an Olympic standard. I did like the way he started the broadcast the other night ... Hi, I'm Bob Costas, standing in tonight for Matt Lauer and Meredith Vierea.

We celebrated a 50th birthday at the stitch group yesterday. One of our members turned 50 on Valentine's day. Funny thing is, we have two people with a Valentine's day birthday ... out of 16. We had a potluck. Lot of good food. Our hostess went all out. She had an appetizer - homemade cheese crackers, a casserole - not sure of its name, but it was loaded with broccoli and cheese and a dessert - a Raspberry cake. Our birthday girl brought a tea mix for us to share - coincidentally, it also contained Raspberries.


1 comment:

  1. Having a car almost always means spending money on it for repairs, but sometimes the repair guys spot something wrong on a routine oil change. Now the car owner may not want that fixed, as it wasn't the reason he brought the car there in the first place, but there's no harm in having it fixed before it gets worse. It's inevitable that you're going to have it repaired anyway, so having it done at that time saves you time.
    Taleen Kizirian@ JimAndJacks.com

    ReplyDelete